Khoreh Ardeshir - no I don't know what it is either

Koreh Ardeshir

Khoreh Ardeshir - no I don't know what it is either. Photo by dynamosquito

Khoreh Ardeshir, Sasanian palace at Buzpar (say Boshpar), close to the achemenid tomb aka Gur Dokhtar”, says the photo description. I guess that’s not a standard Romanisation of the name, as I can find very little on the web to give me much of a clue as to what this is. The Sasanians were very big in the Middle East between 300 and 600 CE, and a pain to the Romans, so this could be something very interesting. If you have any information please feel free to add it in the comments below.

The reason I’ve chosen it as a photo of the week is that I like the effect of the converging parallel lines.

Photo: Khoreh Ardeshir by Dynamosquito. Licenced under a Creative Commons BY-SA licence.

Published by

Alun Salt

Alun Salt is an ancient historian / archaeologist based in the University of Leicester, UK. His PhD thesis was an archaeoastronomical analysis of Greek temple alignments in Sicily. He also has an MPhil in World Archaeology. His research interests include ancient technology, cosmology and colonisation processes. He is currently dividing his time between a few part-time jobs in the university and at the Annals of Botany.